This general help desk is designed to give attendees the chance to:
- Ask their Drupal-related questions, and post an issue to the d.o. issue queue if applicable
- Obtain Composer-specific guidance and support when it comes to installing packages, updating packages, installing patches, troubleshooting
- Identify places on Drupal.org and/or Stack Exchange to search for answers
- Learn where/how to apply common configuration changes
- Learn about some online Drupal package evaluation (simplytest.me) and training resources (drupalize.me).
Common Questions/Issues encountered with Composer:
- Do I still need drush?
- What the heck do I do with this composer.json in Drupal root?
- Do i need a composer.json file in my module?
- Composer commands are running out of memory, what now?
- Drupal 8 Composer failure on Windows with the message "bin\phpcs" "--config-show" "installed_paths"" failed- what now?
Drupal.org Mentoring Team Activities Issue/Notes thread:
Websites & Forums to search for answers/provide answers:
- Drupal Answers Stack Exchange: https://drupal.stackexchange.com/
- Stack Exchange: https://stackexchange.com/
- Drupal.org Support resources/links: https://www.drupal.org/support
- Working/navigating the issue queue: https://www.drupal.org/issue-queue
- Composer: https://getcomposer.org/
Chat services to float ideas/bounce questions:
- Drupal Slack
- PhillyDev Slack
Online Tutorials/Training/Testing Resources:
- Recorded sessions from Drupalcon Seattle 2019: https://drupal.tv/curated-playlists/drupalcon-seattle-2019
- Videos from other Drupal events: https://drupal.tv/