Working on a project that is distributed across many developers and many operating systems is challenging. Let's see how to set up uniform local environments for your Drupal, Wordpress, Node, Gatsby, Hugo, etc. project across your entire team, automate the project workflow regardless of the OS, and then re-use this automation to upgrade to continuous integration and delivery.
This session will cover:
- Standardizing your team’s development environments and tooling across macOS, Windows and Linux and keep it within project codebase (configuration as code)
- Automation over documentation
- Using the same local config for continuous integration environments
- Setting up a sandbox server and CI builds to handle automatic sandbox provisioning (with CircleCI free tier)
- Bonus: fitting a lot of on-demand sandboxes on a single server, while keeping the infrastructure costs low