At some point, all sites come to an end, so join us in one example of how we did this for a government site. In this advanced session Dave Watts (Fig Leaf Software) and Kirsten Burgard (US Department of State) will take you through the steps they took to archive a Drupal 7 site onto S3.
Attendees will leave with an understanding of how to fail up through trial and error and:
- The how-to's of switching off dynamic for static html prep.
- Code scraping and fetching (laughter will ensue).
- AWS S3 over alternatives like github pages.
- How to configure S3 to serve your content.
- How to migrate your content to S3
- We'll also touch on HTTPS requirements for S3
This IS a technical session intended for intermediate to advanced attendees. Please note there WILL BE CODE.