This lab offers attendees a chance to:
- Run a cursory accessibility scan/review of a site of your choosing
- Learn how to interpret the findings and identify possible fixes
- Consult with Accessibility champions about challenges you may have on your website or app when it comes to accessibility
- Demonstrate/see first-hand how a site of your choosing performs on some older phone models, tablets, a PC, and a Mac with the device's accessibility features enabled.
Among some of the accessibility tools being demonstrated:
- MS's Accessibility Insights
- Site Improve Extension (not the paid platform)
- assorted accessibility extensions and plugins available for leading browsers
Recent Regional News:
Below are some links extracted from the comprehensive list:
Resources for Designers:
Resources for Developers/Site Builders
A11y Tool Comparisons
These give a decent overview on many popular tools
Alanna is an experienced Drupal developer and speaker. She is on the leadership team of the Drupal Diversity & Inclusion group, and a member of the DrupalCon programming team. Accessibility has become a recent passion. You can follow Alanna on twitter: @aburke626 or find her on Drupal.org.
Kara Gaulrapp is a front-end developer at Message Agency. With a personal mission to create an inclusive web, Kara is committed to web accessibility, inclusive design practices, and digital literacy.